Jun 11, 2019

HUD Seismic Assessments: What You Need to Know

One of the parts of the HUD loan application and approval process is getting a HUD seismic assessment, which is needed if your HUD 221(d)(4) project is located in seismic zones 3 or 4. Seismic zones 3 and 4 (based on 1997 UBC seismic zone maps) are generally located in areas including all of California, large amounts of Alaska and Hawaii, some Oregon, Washington, and Nevada, and a small amount of Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, and Arkansas.